The Lizard, near Helston, Cornwall
- Your money is safe, we pay your host 2 days after check-in.
- 100% refund in the unlikely event the host cancels.
- Changing booking details is always free.
- Access to urgent phone line during your booking.
- Book Co2 positive, we compensate 3 times more than we emit.
- Dazzling scenery
- Heritage building
- Coastal walks
- Cliff top location
- Flora and fauna
We are pleased to present Lizard Lighthouse. Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special. The nearby Lizard Village provides shops, restaurants and a friendly pub only a short mile distance away.
- Sleeps 6 guests.
- The only cottage at Lizard Lighthouse with access to the unused West Tower. Guests can climb the 32 stone spiral steps to make the most of the magnificent sea views.
- Bedroom with 5' king-size bed.
- Ground floor bedroom with two 3' single beds and en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom with two 3' single beds.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over.
- WiFi (see notes below).
- Enclosed courtyard.
- Coastal walks right on the doorstep.
- This is an operations lighthouse with an automatic, electric fog signal. During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort.
- Babies under ten months of age are welcome, however, for safety reason, children must be over 5 years old.
- Parking for 2 cars.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights.
- Sorry, no pets.
Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special. The nearby Lizard Village provides shops, restaurants and a friendly pub only a short mile distance away.
Lizard Lighthouse is a fully working lighthouse, first established in 1619. The distinctive two white towers that it is known for today were built in 1751 by private entrepreneur Thomas Fonnereau, and first lit on 22 August of that year. Trinity House gained control of the lights in 1771 and continues to look after its operation to this day. It became electrified in 1924 and then fully automated in 1998. It has a 26 mile light range and an automatic 3 mile fog signal if conditions are misty.
Notes / rules:
- Please be aware, this site is open to the public for lighthouse tours.
- Guests should be aware that the lighthouses and equipment need regular and sometimes emergency maintenance. Therefore visits by maintenance staff may occur at any time during the year. However, staff will do their best to ensure guest privacy at all times.
- Access roads to the lighthouse site are narrow with limited passing places and, dependent on the season and site, there is the possibility of overhanging vegetation due to cutting restrictions during bird breeding seasons or other environmental reasons.
- Guests are reminded they are renting a heritage building, therefore certain features such as steps, stairs and floor levels may not comply with that of a modern building. As such, we would advise guests to acquaint themselves with the premises on arrival and exercise caution accordingly.
- Sorry, no barbecues, fireworks, drones or remote controlled flying equipment permitted.
- Due to its location and surroundings, please ensure that children are supervised at all times whilst at this property.
- Sorry, no children between the ages of 10 months and five years due to a health and safety recommendation.
- Sorry, charging of electric cars is not permitted.
- Please note that internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor Rural Retreats will be held responsible.
25-75% or 50-50% or 100% (read more)
Check in/out time
Check in between 16:00 and 00:00.
Check out before 10:00.
3 Bedrooms, 6 Sleeps
- King size beds: 1
- Single bed: 4
Kitchen/dining room. Sitting room with sea view. Family bathroom. Bedroom with two 3' single beds and en-suite shower room.
Bedroom with 5' king-size bed. Bedroom with two 3' single beds.
Number of bathrooms: 2
Number of en-suite bathrooms: 1
Number of toilets: 2
Rural / countryside
Historic / sightseeing
Dining table & chairs
Fully equipped kitchen
Please note that internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor Rural Retreats will be held responsible.
Terrace / balcony
Heating / cooling
Close to the beach
Walking / hiking
About the area
The lighthouse quarters are ideally situated within the Lizard Peninsular, ideal for places like St. Michael's Mount, St. Ives, Mousehole, Newlyn, Penzance and The Helford River. Visit the world famous Lands End. Enjoy a trip to the historic St Michael's Mount. For a great family day out visit the Tate St Ives. There are an abundance of small seaside towns with a wealth of tea-shops, cafes, independent shops and restaurants. Visit the English Heritage properties of St Mawes and Pendennis Castles.
Visit the cathedral city of Truro. The seaside town of St Mawes. The bustling town of Falmouth. The port town of St Ives. The picturesque, fishing port of Padstow. The popular town of Newquay, famous for its surfing beaches.
Looking forward welcoming you in one of our lighthouses. Feel welcome!
2 Reviews - Wolf Rock
Mary-Ann - England
Beautifully outfitted cottage
Wolf Rock is a beautifully outfitted cottage that allowed us to explore the south of Cornwall. The situation of the tower and the rooms is really breathtaking and the not-often fog horn just added to the beauty of the stay. We enjoyed exploring Lizard Point and the village, as well as short drives to Lands End, Falmouth and Charlestown. The welcome basket was delightful and communication was easy throughout our booking and stay. If you are visiting Cornwall, make sure Wolf Rock is in your plans.
Marcy - Scotland
I would recommend
Fantastic, very clean and warm. The hamper was full of treats and the property was great fun perfect for a family get away. I would recommend this to anyone!