The Lizard, near Helston, Cornwall
- Dazzling scenery
- Heritage building
- Coastal walks
- Cliff top location
- Flora and fauna
We are pleased to present Lizard Lighthouse. Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special.
- Sleeps 6 guests.
- Bedroom with 5' king-size bed.
- Ground floor bedroom with twin 3' single beds and en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom with twin 3' single beds.
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Dazzling scenery.
- Coastal walks right on the doorstep.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Parking for 2 cars.
- Minimum stay of three nights.
- This is an operations lighthouse with an automatic, electric fog signal. During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort.
Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special.
Lizard Lighthouse is a fully working lighthouse, first established in 1619. The distinctive two white towers that it is known for today were built in 1751 by private entrepreneur Thomas Fonnereau, and first lit on 22 August of that year. Trinity House gained control of the lights in 1771 and continues to look after its operation to this day. It became electrified in 1924 and then fully automated in 1998. It has a 26 mile light range and an automatic 3 mile fog signal if conditions are misty. The nearby Lizard Village provides shops, restaurants and a friendly pub only a short mile distance away.
Notes / rules:
- Please be aware, this site is open to the public for lighthouse tours
- Guests should be aware that the lighthouses and equipment need regular and sometimes emergency maintenance. Therefore visits by maintenance staff may occur at any time during the year. However, staff will do their best to ensure guest privacy at all times.
- Access roads to the lighthouse site are narrow with limited passing places and, dependent on the season and site, there is the possibility of overhanging vegetation due to cutting restrictions during bird breeding seasons or other environmental reasons.
- Guests are reminded they are renting a heritage building, therefore certain features such as steps, stairs and floor levels may not comply with that of a modern building. As such, we would advise guests to acquaint themselves with the premises on arrival and exercise caution accordingly.
- Sorry, no barbecues, fireworks, drones or remote controlled flying equipment permitted.
- Due to its location and surroundings, please ensure that children are supervised at all times whilst at this property.
- Sorry, charging of an electric car is not permitted.
About the area
The lighthouse quarters are ideally situated within the Lizard Peninsular, ideal for places like St. Michael's Mount, St. Ives, Mousehole, Newlyn, Penzance and The Helford River. Visit the world famous Lands End. Enjoy a trip to the historic St Michael's Mount. For a great family day out visit the Tate St Ives. There are an abundance of small seaside towns with a wealth of tea-shops, cafes, independent shops and restaurants. Visit the English Heritage properties of St Mawes and Pendennis Castles.
The Lizard Peninsula, explore the spectacular cliff side footpaths and pretty seaside towns in this beautiful area of Cornwall. The Lost Gardens of Heligan, visit some of the best Cornish Gardens which are dog friendly St Austell, PL26 6EN. The Eden Project, take a trip to the Eden Project for a great family day out - Bodelva, PL24 2SG. Tate at St Ives, a stunning gallery displaying British and international modern and contemporary art St Ives, TR26 1TG.
The Maritime Museum Falmouth, TR11 3QY. Bodmin and Wenford Railway, Cornwall's only standard-gauge railway which still has steam trains running through. The Monkey Sanctuary, a favourite for children and parents alike, situated a short distance from Downderry Looe, PL13 1NZ.
Looking forward welcoming you in one of our lighthouses. Feel welcome!
2 Reviews - Godrevy
Hamir - England
Excellent cottage with all facilities you can think of.
Carol - Wales
The cottage was lovely, easy to find and obviously in a fabulous location! the welcome hamper of food (included in the price) was far bigger and better than we had imagined! we had a brilliant stay and are likely to book again.