The Lizard, near Helston Cornwall, England
- Dazzling scenery
- Heritage building
- Coastal walks
- Cliff top location
- Flora and fauna
We are pleased to present Lizard Lighthouse. Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special. The nearby Lizard Village provides shops, restaurants and a friendly pub only a short mile distance away.
- Sleeps 4 guests.
- Bedroom with 5' king-size bed.
- Bedroom with twin 3' single beds.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Enclosed courtyard.
- Dazzling scenery.
- Coastal walks right on the doorstep.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- This is an operations lighthouse with an automatic, electric fog signal. During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort.
- Parking for 1 car.
- Minimum stay of 3 nights.
- Sorry, no pets.
Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special. The nearby Lizard Village provides shops, restaurants and a friendly pub only a short mile distance away.
Lizard Lighthouse is a fully working lighthouse, first established in 1619. The distinctive two white towers that it is known for today were built in 1751 by private entrepreneur Thomas Fonnereau, and first lit on 22 August of that year. Trinity House gained control of the lights in 1771 and continues to look after its operation to this day. It became electrified in 1924 and then fully automated in 1998. It has a 26 mile light range and an automatic 3 mile fog signal if conditions are misty.
Notes / rules:
- Please be aware, this site is open to the public for lighthouse tours.
- Guests should be aware that the lighthouses and equipment need regular and sometimes emergency maintenance. Therefore visits by maintenance staff may occur at any time during the year. However, staff will do their best to ensure guest privacy at all times.
- Access roads to the lighthouse site are narrow with limited passing places and, dependent on the season and site, there is the possibility of overhanging vegetation due to cutting restrictions during bird breeding seasons or other environmental reasons.
- Guests are reminded they are renting a heritage building, therefore certain features such as steps, stairs and floor levels may not comply with that of a modern building. As such, we would advise guests to acquaint themselves with the premises on arrival and exercise caution accordingly.
- Sorry, no barbecues, fireworks, drones or remote controlled flying equipment permitted.
- Due to its location and surroundings, please ensure that children are supervised at all times whilst at this property.
- Sorry, charging of an electric car is not permitted.
Number of double beds: 1
Number of single beds: 2
Heating / cooling
About the area
The lighthouse quarters are ideally situated within the Lizard Peninsular, ideal for places like St. Michael's Mount, St. Ives, Mousehole, Newlyn, Penzance and The Helford River. Visit the world famous Lands End. Enjoy a trip to the historic St Michael's Mount. For a great family day out visit the Tate St Ives. There are an abundance of small seaside towns with a wealth of tea-shops, cafes, independent shops and restaurants. Visit the English Heritage properties of St Mawes and Pendennis Castles.
Visit the cathedral city of Truro. The seaside town of St Mawes. The bustling town of Falmouth. The port town of St Ives. The picturesque, fishing port of Padstow. The popular town of Newquay, famous for its surfing beaches.
Looking forward welcoming you in one of our lighthouses. Feel welcome!
2 Reviews - Bishop Rock
Marly - England
We went for 5 nights, the setting is incredible, with sea views from I think every window, I awoke to a view of the sea and sky!! Be prepared for some noisy nights with the fog horn, but it seems to just go for short bursts and for me added to the ambience of being tucked under a working lighthouse! The place was lovely and warm with everything we needed, also the hamper was great. The cottage was lovely and clean with a really comfy bed and linen, so was a bit too easy to have a lie in with that sea view!
Janis - England
A brilliant experience
A brilliant experience - staying at the lighthouse on the most southerly point of England feels such a privilege. A really well equipped cottage with absolutely fantastic views.