The Veli Rat Lighthouse Apartment
Welcome to the lighthouse on the werstern cape of the island of Dugi Otok, 35km west of the city of Zadar. Stay with the lighthouse keeper in one of the oldest lighthouses in Croatia!
- Your money is safe, we pay your host 2 days after check-in.
- 100% refund in the unlikely event the host cancels.
- Changing booking details is always free.
- Access to urgent phone line during your booking.
- Book Co2 positive, we compensate 3 times more than we emit.
- Incredible Adriatic island
- Quiet location on the island
- Two beautiful pebble beaches
- Direct ferry from Zadar
- Real lighthouse keeper experience
This lighthouse is considered as one of the most beautiful on the Adriatic. The experience will be unforgettable! According to legend, the thick lighthouse walls contain thousands of egg-whites to make them more resistant to wind and sea. Also, they protect you from the sun in the summer months. The island of Dugi Otok has many sights, and is also considered as a pearl in the Adriatic sea.
The apartment has a double bedroom, a kitchen/living room combination, and a shower/WC. You share the apartment with the keeper, who can update you on the area! Next to the lighthouse you'll find two amazing beaches that children can play on, and you can use to relax. Or just go for a walk, and you wil find many more nice beaches and bays.
The island of Dugi Otok can be reached from the mainland (Zadar - Brbinj) by ferry. You can check the timetables and connections online! From Brbinj the lighthouse is about 20km away.
It might be smart to buy provisions in Zadar, because on Dugi Otok the prices can be higher, and some items might be out of stock. With the keeper and his wife you can arrange to prepare nice fish specialties as well.
Heating / cooling
Walking / hiking